Need help finding a sump

  • Thread starter Thread starter GOSKN5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GOSKN5

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2012
Messages
983
Reaction score
754
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am going to be setting up a 24x24x30 tank and need to figure out a sump for it. The only standard size tank that will fit is a 10 gallon and that's too small for the water volume IMO (74 gallon).

I would love something like a 20x20 footprint, but open to anything with a little more water volume that won't break the bank.

I see the various cube sumps, eshopps, trigger etc, but at $200-$300 a pop I'm not sure I can swing that.

Any ideas or suggestions?? Thanks.
 
Have you thought about using a Rubbermaid container as a sump? These come in all kinds of shapes and sizes.
 
I found a deep blue 20x20x16 that should be perfect.. just gotta figure out how to lay it out...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new