Need Help getting in Touch with Adam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My point is......only after being embarrassed publicly did he do the right thing. It's tough to give kudos to someone when it takes a public tongue lashing. I have to assume that there would not have been resolution if the OP didn't start this thread.

To me, that says a lot about the business practices of Battlecorals. I have no axe to grind against them, and have never done business, but. it's important we call a "spade a spade" and not pretend that there was any epiphany.

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been doing business with Battlecorals for five years. In that time Adam has been nothing but above board and a pleasure to deal with. I'm guessing if we go through this forum, we'd find hundreds of posts that express the same sentiment. I doubt that you can be in business for any length of time and not have a transaction or two go sideways. In all honesty, neither you nor I know all of the particulars of this transaction.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My point is......only after being embarrassed publicly did he do the right thing. It's tough to give kudos to someone when it takes a public tongue lashing. I have to assume that there would not have been resolution if the OP didn't start this thread.

To me, that says a lot about the business practices of Battlecorals. I have no axe to grind against them, and have never done business, but. it's important we call a "spade a spade" and not pretend that there was any epiphany.
I would add that mistakes happen, and to ‘cancel’ a business for a mistake they owned up to publicly is an overreaction in my eyes. But, everyone gets to decide for themselves who they do business with, and what their threshold is for tolerance. The praise and criticism from various people above reflects that.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This was resolved yesterday and was ultimately a massive mix-up with his refund. He had placed an order last November during my black Friday sale that was delayed a day by fed ex and lost most of it within a few days. Always unfortunate. I agreed to replace them as is my normal protocol. We fell out of touch after the holidays and I finally heard from him this summer asking for a refund to which I replied I'd be very happy and willing to still send replacements. I didn’t hear back till Oct 28th and he again asked for a refund. Generally, with fed ex whiffles like this, I will offer credit or replacements as opposed to a full refund, but I am always willing to work with people on stuff like this and this was a special case because his tank was down.

So without hesitation, I sent Charles Willis a refund on October 28th. But, somehow, for reasons, I still don't fully understand other than a really unfortunate Paypal quirk, the refund went to another Charles Willis. A stranger who I do not know at all, who happens to have the exact same name. The problem was, that after I sent the refund, I made the mistake of closing off communication channels with Charles including ignoring any content here on R2R and this 100% is where I went wrong. Believe me when I say that I fully regret that decision It was very unprofessional and I am embarrassed to have to admit it but I was frustrated and took out my frustrations with Fed Ex on Charles. Been a rough year shipping. I have lost a tremendous amount of coral due to shipping delays, and I definitely let my feelings get the better of me when I decided to close the communication line. There was no element or intent to withhold his payment or knowingly avoid him or this thread. I simply told myself that I did not want to do any more business with him so I closed the door.

This thread was brought to my attention yesterday Am, and I immediately opened back up all lines of communication. Charles and I spoke on the phone for a long time yesterday, before which I realized what happened with the first refund over a few texts we had, and I immediately sent over another refund. He confirmed it was received. I believe after our conversation we both understood one another and there were no hard feelings. I apologized for my juvenile handling of things after the refund was sent and thanked him for taking the time to hash this out and get it resolved.

I very much regret leaving him hanging knowingly or not and my takeaway from this is that I will handle any sort of customer issues in the future much more professionally. I fully regret how I handled this, but you have my word that I will never let my feelings get in the way of my professionalism again. I do believe that Charle and I fully understand one another on this now and he accepted my apology. I ask him that if I got any of the details on here wrong or misconstrued to please call me out on it.

Last edited:

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was resolved yesterday and was ultimately a massive mix-up with his refund. He had placed an order last November during my black Friday sale that was delayed a day by fed ex and lost most of it within a few days. Always unfortunate. I agreed to replace them as is my normal protocol. We fell out of touch after the holidays and I finally heard from him this summer asking for a refund to which I replied I'd be very happy and willing to still send replacements. I didn’t hear back till Oct 28th and he again asked for a refund. Generally, with fed ex whiffles like this, I will offer credit or replacements as opposed to a full refund, but I am always willing to work with people on stuff like this and this was a special case because his tank was down.

So without hesitation, I sent Charles Willis a refund on October 28th. But, somehow, for reasons, I still don't fully understand other than a really unfortunate Paypal quirk, the refund went to another Charles Willis. A stranger who I do not know at all, who happens to have the exact same name. The problem was, that after I sent the refund, I made the mistake of closing off communication channels with Charles including ignoring any content here on R2R and this 100% is where I went wrong. Believe me when I say that I fully regret that decision It was very unprofessional and I am embarrassed to have to admit it but I was frustrated and took out my frustrations with Fed Ex on Charles. Been a rough year shipping. I have lost a tremendous amount of coral due to shipping delays, and I definitely let my feelings get the better of me when I decided to close the communication line. There was no element or intent to withhold his payment or knowingly avoid him or this thread. I simply told myself that I did not want to do any more business with him so I closed the door.

This thread was brought to my attention yesterday Am, and I immediately opened back up all lines of communication. Charles and I spoke on the phone for a long time yesterday, before which I realized what happened with the first refund over a few texts we had, and I immediately sent over another refund. He confirmed it was received. I believe after our conversation we both understood one another and there were no hard feelings. I apologized for my juvenile handling of things after the refund was sent and thanked him for taking the time to hash this out and get it resolved.

I very much regret leaving him hanging knowingly or not and my takeaway from this is that I will handle any sort of customer issues in the future much more professionally. I fully regret how I handled this, but you have my word that I will never let my feelings get in the way of my professionalism again. I do believe that Charle and I fully understand one another on this now and he accepted my apology. I ask him that if I got any of the details on here wrong or misconstrued to please call me out on it.

Kudos to you for laying it all out and admitting to your mistake. I've made many myself and too have regrets in how I handled things. Hindsight is always 20/20. In life, we grow and improve the most through difficult experiences. It appears you have.

I hope we can do business someday.

qhduong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread surprised me a lot as well, but makes sense with the explanation now. To OP, hope you get well soon. But if I was the seller I would be pretty annoyed as well.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 46 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.1%
Back