Need help mixing calcium chloride and dosing.

WildReefGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have Fritz calcium chloride and I’m needing to raise my calcium levels in my tank. There’s approximately 16 or 17 gallons of water volume. I want to increase my calcium by 20ppm. I have no clue how much to mix or how much to water to use when I mix it. First time having to dose go easy on me lol. I was getting by with just water changes but my corals are demanding more now. It says that one teaspoon in 10 gallons raises it 50ppm so what if I mix one teaspoon in a 1 gallon jug? And how much out of that jug do I even dose?

OP
OP
WildReefGuy

WildReefGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have Fritz calcium chloride and I’m needing to raise my calcium levels in my tank. There’s approximately 16 or 17 gallons of water volume. I want to increase my calcium by 20ppm. I have no clue how much to mix or how much to water to use when I mix it. First time having to dose go easy on me lol. I was getting by with just water changes but my corals are demanding more now. It says that one teaspoon in 10 gallons raises it 50ppm so what if I mix one teaspoon in a 1 gallon jug? And how much out of that jug do I even dose?
@Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back