Need help picking which drop in AIO to use.

Liquidlar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am setting up a tank in the coming weeks and I'm going to utilize an Aqueon 40b. I hovering around these 3 choices but I have gripes with all of them... so I'm trying to find a compromise.

1. TENECOR® 40 GALLON BREEDER AQUEON® ALL IN ONE AQUARIUM AIO DROP IN KIT UNIVERSAL MOUNT
    1. I like this one alot I just worry about the back corners, would they become deadzones for detritus?
  2. TENECOR® 40 GALLON BREEDER AQUEON® ALL IN ONE AQUARIUM AIO DROP IN KIT PENINSULA MOUNT
    1. This one would avoid the issue of a deadzones on the sides but I'm not sure if a peninsula is for me, anyone's experience with them would be appreciated.
  3. Jax Racks All In One kit - 40 Gallon breeder (AIO)
    1. Less space for the fish more space for equipment but due to its shape has no corners for deadzones.
I am going to rough up the edges and use RTV103 to adhere it to the tank.

As for equipment I just want some mechanical filtration in the form of a polyfilter, skimmer (to be honest I'm unsure if it would fit since they don't give chamber dimensions for some reason :upside-down-face:) and heater. I may throw some live rock rubble from an established tank to seed it but that's it. If you guys have any experience with these kits I would love to know how they have performed for you.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back