Need help: Red Sea reef wave not connecting

gmdcdvm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone
I am trying to set up my Red Sea reef wave 25. I can get to the point where it tries to connect to my wifi network. But it fails to connect. I have tried it several times but no luck.
Waiting on customer service. But thought I would ask here to see if anyone might help.
thanks
Gerry

muggle reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went through the same thing, It took a bit of fidling to get it working. I just had to keep trying until I got it. Follow directions for establishing connection very carefully. I can't say that is the most helpful answer but you have to watch the button and light sequences and follow exactly.

OP
OP
G

gmdcdvm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get all the way to the point where it says to choose my network. I enter my network password. It takes about a minute and then says failed to connect.

Any thoughts? Tried about 10 times. No luck.
Gerry

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same happen. Red Sea customer service was very good. There are some controllers that do have a know issue. In that case the will replace it. Mine was a good one but the Red Sea Rep replaced several at my LFS. Try power down, unplug for 10 mins and then firmware update.

OP
OP
G

gmdcdvm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won’t pick up my phone hot spot. tried it when i read the trouble shooting section.
gerry

muggle reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent some time last night working on this, now I can:t get it to reconnect to net to save my life. I can:t get past the initial setting where it has to recognize it:s own WiFi much less get it to recognize app and connect to my home wife fi. I am going to try two other devices as we are using my sons iPhone now. I am going to try his iPad and lastly my Mac. We are running it in manual mode for now.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Same issue here; I contacted customer service and went through some troubleshooting steps. They eventually sent me a new controller with updated firmware which worked fine.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won’t pick up my phone hot spot. tried it when i read the trouble shooting section.
gerry

I had problems at first and couldn't even get one of them to work manually. I left it unplugged for 10 mins and the did a hard reset as described in manual. Phone has to be on home wifi network. Customer service had me go though my router with a browser .192.168.101... and did screen shots of a dos screen that gave CS the serial number. Some have a know issue. Mine was a later serial number and works great now after hard reset and firm wear update. CS is good and will get you right.

OP
OP
G

gmdcdvm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope soon. They reached out via email today. I replied to them with more details. Still waiting on a reply from them. We'll see.

Gerry

Jgg12002

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed the app had a available update and I used it and finally my 25 syncs in just a few seconds. I hope everyone else gets joy from this it’s been driving me crazy.
respectfully
John

OP
OP
G

gmdcdvm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update for those of you who are interested:
Red Sea sent me a new controller.
Before I used the new controller I had my IT guy (ie brother-in-law) check out the wife network. He had originally set it up with both 2g and 5g, but the system was set up to automatically configure itself based on the device. Essentially, the wifi would try to set up the Wave with the 5g. Red Sea says their controllers only work on 2g networks. We had to adjust this option so that when we look you look at available wifi networks it will show both the 2g and 5g options. Once I selected the 2g option the controller connected without any issues.
I am sending back the new controller to Red Sea. They were very helpful in this matter.

Gerry

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back