Need help w/ acan

thamnasteroid

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2020
Messages
3,668
Reaction score
3,015
Location
US
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My acan (micromussa) has been a little irritated for the past day or two. I need help with why and how to correct it. I’m guessing it has something to do with my alkalinity or phosphate and nitrate.
59B452A8-9502-431D-982C-0B7248275F47.jpeg
 
I need help with why and how to correct it. I’m guessing it has something to do with my alkalinity or phosphate and nitrate.
Has it looked that way for the whole 48hrs?
What happened with your PO4 and Alk?
 
Has it looked that way for the whole 48hrs?
What happened with your PO4 and Alk?
It has looked like that since at least last night.
I don’t know what has happened with my phosphates and alkalinity yet; I am going to test my water right now.
 
It has looked like that since at least last night.
If it’s just that one coral in your tank that’s irritated, don’t overreact. The Acan looks ok, just mad at the moment.
 
Turns out, my alkalinity was REALLY low, at like 5, so I raised my alkalinity up. Let’s see if this helps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new