Need help with acrylic tank build

broadview

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all
I'm currently working on a tank with 1/2" thick acrylic and having problems with my acrylic solvent. As seen in the pictures; I can not get the solvent to work its way under this one sheet. all the edges are cnc cut and free from dust before bonding. The solvent being used is scigrip #4 also have #16 on hand. Any information or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

20171215_142115.jpg


20171215_142037.jpg


20171215_142044.jpg


20171215_142049.jpg
 
I too would would recommend posting this in the thread mentioned above. You'll have to copy and paste it. We can not move a post in to a particular thread (only in to a forum) or I would do that for you.

If you browse through that thread, I think you'll find several comments about lack of success welding CNC finished joints. But copy your post there as there a several acrylic experts that can offer advice.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new