Need help With adjusting Radion xr15 intensity

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys so I recently set up a frag tank which is 15Wx24Lx8H inches. The distance between the light and the corals is about 20in. I have the xr15 set in the middle with the diffuser. It currently is running the ab+ program with a few changes : to follow my main tank lighting scheme. Basically I run the program at 70% intensity which then means I run 43%intensity for my all Blue time period and then it goes to 50% intensity from 1-6pm. I am wondering if I should give the light more power to make sure I am getting enough light to these corals. I run black boxes at 100% so i am not sure how much par these radions can pump out compared to the blackboxes. I do have a seneye I used but the readings seemed rather low for the radions like 100-200 par with this current set up. I do have another radion but would rather keep it as a spare but will put it on if it would be beneficial. Any help would be appreciated.

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
its all types im just trying to make sure I don't burn the corals if my seney is not accurate. thats why I put the dimensions and other info to see what others are running their radions at.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back