Need help with an id on this coral?

saltyaquatic

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2013
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seen this beautiful coral and couldn't resist bringing it home. I want to say it's an lps, but bought on the assumption it was a plate of some kind. After putting in my tank after acclimation realized it is way too hard to be a plate or fungia in my experience. I love the colors in this piece, but what has me confused it the mouths on it. The mouths are the baby blue spots all over it and this is evident, yet it looks just like a plate with the purple rim and all.

Any help on iding this is appreciated.
20140428_142417[1].jpg
 
This is why love this site, for identification reason alone I think is AWSOME. Yea I think I have a baby one of these growing wild on a love rock but I was told it was a Diaseris plate. What you guys think ?
image.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new