Need help with anemone

Cutiepie

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2024
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an apple candle BTA, he has been moving around the tank to find a spot since 2 weeks. In the interim the clowns have started to host it. He has been unhappy since then.I do have another nem and he is been happy. So the tank parameters are good. Is the nem unhappy as the clown is bothering him too much or he is going to take a while to get used to the tank. I did spot feed him reefroids
Suggestions needed.
TIA

image.jpg
 
Sometimes bubble tip nems for whatever reason don't mix well. I'd run some extra carbon see if he perks back up.
 
Mind me asking, how do I add carbon to the water?
Like place a bag of activated carbon in sump?
 
I have a bag of activated carbon placed on top of skimmer to remove odour from the tank. Have read on forum about having bacterial infection if running activated carbon, and using a uv would be a controlled measure. I don’t have uv and feels like water change will probably make the BTA happy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new