Need help with hydra 26 controller

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 hydra 26 non HD with no controller. The director that came with it is fried. What can I get to be able to control these lights. I don’t need wireless or anything just want to be able to set up timers and adjust the spectrum from a controller. What do I need to get and where can I get it

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm afraid you will need to get the director to do what you want. I'm not sure, but I saw somewhere that the red button next to the power socket in the light will increase/decrease the light intensity on all colors by 10%.
Just get a new director, there's a lot of people who sell used stuff here, you probably will find one.

Good luck.

OP
OP
Cabinetman

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I think it’s so rediculous that you can’t buy replacement parts for these lights. I know I will never buy another thing ai after this. The price you pay for these lights there should be a way to maintain them for longer than this. They say they are good for so many years you should be able to buy replacement parts period. Shame on you A.I.

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who told you that you can't buy replacement parts? Yes, of course you can. I know they have a good support. If you purchased directly from them I am sure you can contact them and they will find a way to help you out. If you bought them used, you still can contact them and they will give you options. My option for you is just to search on forums for an used director and pay probably 50$ for it :)

OP
OP
Cabinetman

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who told you that you can't buy replacement parts? Yes, of course you can. I know they have a good support. If you purchased directly from them I am sure you can contact them and they will find a way to help you out. If you bought them used, you still can contact them and they will give you options. My option for you is just to search on forums for an used director and pay probably 50$ for it :)
I think you need to do a little more research cause I can’t buy a replacement director they’ve simply been discontinued. There’s no reason why I should have to track down a used one, which seams to be impossible bye the way. So before anyone buys anything aqua illuminations you should concider this first. I know I can still buy replacement parts for a 10 year old ati fixture but not my hydra 26 which isn’t that old. Blows me away

A-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I now this thread is been inactive for some time. Cabinetman is right. Aquaillumination should not have discontinued the controllers for lights. Is difficult to find either the Director or the MKII (the one looks like an Ipad). I have been looking for any of those just in case my controllers gets damaged and couldnt find it online or at the local fish store. If anybody has one of those, please let me know.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back