Need help with ID. I think it's SPS

  • Thread starter Thread starter Connie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
58
Location
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me exactly what this is?
_DSC0007.jpg
_DSC0009.jpg
 
looks like hydnophora to me
 
Looks like Cyphastrea to me.

edit after looking again it does look like hydnophora.
 
Last edited:
I am having a hard time iding that.. I dont think cyphastrea the bumps would be corallites but when I first looked at it I resembled on too.
Might be easier if we could see the polyps.
The bumps remind me of verrucae that would be on a montipora like a danae but the polyps/corallites are so uniform around the verrucae and don't look right or are very hard to see in that pic to be Danae but it might be something close if it is even montipora. The coralites are throwing me off, they are so uniform.

I think stylaster nailed it. Looks like hydnophora possible microconos.
 
Last edited:
Well, thanks for the info. ya'll nailed it. I bought it because I didn't know what it was and thought it looked cool. Now I don't want it...lol The info attached to Frick's reply says the polyps come out at night, so I will try to get a pic of it after lights out.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new