Need Help with ID

bklynreef123

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2015
Messages
114
Reaction score
58
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a frequent to R2R but haven't posted on this forum as much as others. I'm trying to change my habits since it seems like there are so many great reefers here, and the knowledge trumps my local forum. Anyway I picked up a frag a few months ago from a LFS because I liked the look. They weren't quite sure what it was. I have checked many databases and can't seem to find anything that matches this coral. Sorry for the poor quality of photo I don't have a DSLR. The coral has thin branches it's mostly green skin with purplish tips. The polyps are bright neon green/yellow. The polyups are thin and rather on the long side. Any ideas and comments are welcomed. I would really like to figure out what this is. It has settled in nicely and grown quite a bit since it has been in my tank.

1eed3a552827d0bcd6ce9c9b75381d6e.jpg
 
Seems like it's a variant of a granulosa that's the closest I can find that it looks like.
 
Looks like it could be Valida, maybe a tri-color.
 
Maybe a Spainbow?
 
It's defiantly close but not just quite... I kinda wish it did but still like this coral. Here is a pic I found that looks the most like it. It's been hard to find other examples to further confirm this.

feb0f99aa1093bc131f25efcb92458a9.jpg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new