Need help with IM APS stand

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New IM owner here. Have a brand new Nuvo Fusion 40. I plan to transfer my BioCube to the 40. I am having the worst experience with the APS stand. Assembly was easy each time but it’s still not right. I have assembled the stand 5 times so far. The center brace in the top does not sit flush with the perimeter so it acts like a fulcrum. Any long straightedge, ruler, level, etc acts like a seesaw, wobbling left to right over the center brace. When you screw down the starboard the higher center brace creates a hump. As a result the tank is not sitting flat on the stand. Here is a video. I already called Top Shelf Aquatics here in Orlando and am waiting for help and I’ve emailed Innovative-Marine. Maybe someone here knows the fix and can guide me. Here is a video of the issue.

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems very minimal. I believe the soft pad on the bottom of the tank will be enough to level the tank out. Does one of the corners float when you have the tank on the stand?

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is only a hair or two. Maybe a millimeter or so. IM looked at the video and cleared it. They said the starboard and foam will compensate and it’ll be fine.

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems very minimal. I believe the soft pad on the bottom of the tank will be enough to level the tank out. Does one of the corners float when you have the tank on the stand?

Yes. Enough for some paper to fit under. IM said when the tank is full it’ll be fine.

mdrieder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd have to agree with them that its small enough to not be an issue... But if it were me I'd probably take a sander to it... if its wood or plastic.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 45 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.5%
Back