Need help with lighting

sharkboy99999

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2015
Messages
157
Reaction score
20
Location
colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a frag tank 48" 20" 12" . I want to use a Halide/t5 . Should i use 2 250w metal helids or 2 170w or other?
 
The 2x250 should be fine but raise them up a bit. What reflectors will you be using and what Kelvin rating bulb?
 
I'd be using 250w Halides in this case if I were you. Unless the SPS are sitting right at the top, for less. I'd be thinkin 14k. 20k if I were using 400w Halides.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new