Need help with mp40

Reef Able

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys
i am using apex fusion and use my 2 mp40qd as master/slave in fusion. I have a very simple question yet i cannot figure out how. Lol...my wave is way too strong and i need to bring it down so it doesn’t splash water from the top of my tank...since i have my pumps connected to fusion i cannot figure out how to access the AUTO TUNE feature or reduce the intensity of the wave...Can someone help. Thanks.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys
i am using apex fusion and use my 2 mp40qd as master/slave in fusion. I have a very simple question yet i cannot figure out how. Lol...my wave is way too strong and i need to bring it down so it doesn’t splash water from the top of my tank...since i have my pumps connected to fusion i cannot figure out how to access the AUTO TUNE feature or reduce the intensity of the wave...Can someone help. Thanks.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to control a vortech pump with apex you need the WXM module and then you must 'attach' the pump to the apex at which point the three buttons on the QD controller are not used (and auto tune will not work). You then set the pumps using profiles in fusion. FWIW, it's a great relief to not have to use those cludgy buttons.

Eggpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Went through these steps the other night and I can't get a large wave like what I see online. Maybe my water is too high up? Does mp40 placement have anything to do with it? I have 1 on each end facing each other, about middle height.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went through these steps the other night and I can't get a large wave like what I see online. Maybe my water is too high up? Does mp40 placement have anything to do with it? I have 1 on each end facing each other, about middle height.
Do you have the pumps in synch (blue ring on slave pump) or antisync (orange ring on slave pump)

Eggpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the pumps in synch (blue ring on slave pump) or antisync (orange ring on slave pump)

haha, smart guy. I'm not home, but if I remember correctly I have it on synch because I am just cycling my tank. I assume you will tell me to put it to antisync right?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha, smart guy. I'm not home, but if I remember correctly I have it on synch because I am just cycling my tank. I assume you will tell me to put it to antisync right?
Actually I've found the best waves to be in sync mode. All depends on the tank. You could definitely try antisync and see if you can get a wave that way :)

Eggpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also, If I want a wave I can't have the water too high up correct? Right now it's right up to the euorobrace. So I can't see a gap when I'm looking at the display (which I prefer). But If I have to make it lower I can.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, If I want a wave I can't have the water too high up correct? Right now it's right up to the euorobrace. So I can't see a gap when I'm looking at the display (which I prefer). But If I have to make it lower I can.
Hard to say until you've actually started your wave. The water can raise and lower a good 1 to 2 inches each way depended on how strong of a wave you've made

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back