Need help with my 55 gal. sump pleaseeeeee

  • Thread starter Thread starter merlberg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
1,025
Reaction score
155
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so i feel like im getting ripped off a little by my friend at the lfs but it could just be me idk and i really need your help finishing my sump.

Everything is connected and running. Below is a pic of the sump and instead of charging me a 1 time fee n finishing everything, he cahrges me everytime he does something. So for the sump itself i paid the lfs to seperate it but i paid the fish guy a fee of $120 to set the sump up to my tank. Is tht a reasonable price? I purchased some dry rocks and i needed them glued he said he would do it for $30 and im starting to feel like he is just throwing numbers at me cuz idk any better and he knws tht cuz i always call on him for help with my tank.

I have a protien skimmer and i asked him to just set it up and put it in the sump he told me to wait 2 week, which means he will be coming back for tht, now he is telling me to order a carbon reactor and he said i need a filter sock, and rubble for pods. He said the pods would be good but idk if i realy need them.

I just need help on finishing this set up if i can do it myself please. I really need you guys help with this so i can do it on my own n tell me what else i need. Btw the tank is a 120 gal fowlr. Thanks.
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1450559639.855887.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1450559654.048757.jpg
 
He said he placed the polyfiber in there for now because there r a few particles in there frm the construction tht was being done. But thts all he put in there n im sure i need more things in there but idk where to put them or how or what to put but i do have a nitrate pad as well but not sure if i have to put it in now or later?
 
I pay $60 dollar for service per hour for my tank . Depends how long to set up the sump but in my opinion should not take 2 hours I set mines up in about 45 minutes . Last week he took 1 hour 15 min to clean, test water, change water , and install new skimmer. Just saying most people charge per time not project .just my 2 cents. Good luck . Negotiate negotiate lol
 
I pay $60 dollar for service per hour for my tank . Depends how long to set up the sump but in my opinion should not take 2 hours I set mines up in about 45 minutes . Last week he took 1 hour 15 min to clean, test water, change water , and install new skimmer. Just saying most people charge per time not project .just my 2 cents. Good luck . Negotiate negotiate lol

Lol i see, and it took him more than 2 hrs but idk y tho. How often do you recieve service for your tank? N thanks lol your right about negotiating lol
 
I do service every 2 to 3 weeks if I'm doing little things myself. If I'm out of town every Weeks I have services scheduled. Plus sometimes I'm too lazy to be carrying 20 gallons of water from the lfs
 
I do service every 2 to 3 weeks if I'm doing little things myself. If I'm out of town every Weeks I have services scheduled. Plus sometimes I'm too lazy to be carrying 20 gallons of water from the lfs

Umm ok i see n its only 20 gallons of water [emoji13][emoji13] j/k lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new