Need help with my Bubble King 250 Supermarin skimmer

tammieh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We acquired a new to us 300g peninsula tank with a Bubble King 250 Supermarin skimmer. I just don't think it's acting correctly, but the manual and videos I can find aren't the most helpful. Does anyone have one and would be willing to share a video of it working properly? I seem to be having a LOT of bubble coming out the bottom OR a ton of water coming out the top. It's used, so I was thinking any break-in period from manufacturing oils should be over. I must not have it adjusted properly or too low/high in the water column. Not sure and completely unfamiliar with this piece of equipment.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helpful tip but not the one you are looking for, but I would research and see what is the best type of GFI for your Bubble King pump is, or you will be very sad one day.

OP
OP
tammieh

tammieh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. The manual unfortunately reads like a translation without enough pictures. I think we got it working. It was overflowing with water like crazy, so we built a stand for it to sit just right (one was too high the other too low) and dialed back the pump and now we have foam producing at a normal rate.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back