Need help with my frag tank build

ColaAddict

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2011
Messages
831
Reaction score
30
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to be getting some chalices and want to hook up a 40breeder to my main reef sump to use to keep my chalices and acans until they get big enough for my display tank, so I can keep an eye on them better and feed them easier. I need help picking a pump to pump water from my sump to the 40 breeder. Will a mag 5 be adequate to pump water and provide flow for the chalices or will that pump be too much for chalices in a 40 breeder. Any other pump suggestions?
I also need help with what light to use for a 40 breeder chalice grow out tank.
 
I am afraid that might be a little bit to much but really not sure. You could always set it up with a ball valve and a T that will feed back to the sump so you can control the volume going into the breeder.

As far as light goes, what light are you currently using for your main? I would probably do some type of T-5 set up for just chalice corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new