Need help with my ICP results

Salty_Box_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had some issues with gha over the last few months, prior to that it was diatoms. Parameters stable, nitrates at 2, phosphates at .2. I have also had several sps rtn on me.

I run no gfo and some carbon very sporadically. I didn't run either and when I put some carbon online again recently everything started looking a lot better.

So I sent a water sample to icp-analysis in hopes of figuring it out. Well a couple things come back with poor levels but all its done is give me a whole bunch of questions. So this is what I am looking to try and solve.

Si-silicone -0.50
Ce-cerium -0.01
Pb-Lead -0.01
Rb-Rubidium -0.42
Tl-Thallium -0.03

Those levels were all listed as "Beyond detection limits of 10 parts per billion".

Other numbers I am not sure about are as follows:
Bromine 105.84
Gallium 0.57
lithium 0.43

Seems to me the "silicon" level (which I assume is whats commonly called silicates?) could be a huge contributor to my algae issues? I ran my rodi for a year without maintenance so I am hopeful that could be it, but also skeptical of the cheapo 32g garbage cans I got from the local hardware store as I make and store water in them and they are not the traditionally hard plastic like rubbermaid cans are. That or I started my tank with old sand and rock so maybe its leaching it?

I really have no idea what the other elements even are really so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say change the filters and DI resin, and also add silica buster resin to the DI.
I would also get the phosphates down to a trace compared to the nitrates. If your nitrates were between 4 and 5 ppm the 2 is fine.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back