Need help with SPS

  • Thread starter Thread starter tweeter
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I used 3 different salifert kits with the same reading. I used api and red sea pro with a much lower reading that were the same. I now use elos.
 
I prefer Salifert, some people like different brands for different elements but for the major 3, they've always worked great for me.
 
After using 3 different salifert kits reading 480 while api, red sea pro and elos all read 340 I pitched the salifert. I don't know why salifert was giving me false readings, but I would rather not chance it again. As far as alk and mag I still use salifert.
 
I do recommend a Triton test for your water.
As already mentioned your CAL is a bit high and HANNA isn't a good tester for CAL.
Is your Nitrate really at 20 PPM or is it 0,02 PPM??
Your wrasse might have take the jump :(
 
I do recommend a Triton test for your water.
As already mentioned your CAL is a bit high and HANNA isn't a good tester for CAL.
Is your Nitrate really at 20 PPM or is it 0,02 PPM??
Your wrasse might have take the jump :(
yes, I think it's 20 ppm..It's hard to tell since it's one of those compare the color thing...Guess I need some better tests.Yes, I do think the triton would be a good idea.
I really do apprecitate all the help!
 
20 ppm is super high.
You better do a large WC for a few days.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new