Need help with sump please!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ndz98
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I got all the pipe fittings today and it seems like something isn't right.
 
The 90 degree slip fittings aren't fitting into the bulkhead
 
I think the threads are supposed to be on the opposite ends of the bulkheads except the last one that I have. I'm not really sure how the regular 90 would fit on the bulkheads still even if that was the case.

image.jpg


image.jpg


image.jpg


image.jpg


image.jpg
 
Okay so if the slip was on the flange side, essentially that's how it would be set up on the tank, correct? Still unsure what these 90 degree regular fittings are for?

image.jpg


image.jpg
 
Looks to me like you would put the threaded lock line on the top of the bulk head and in the bottom would go the street 90 and then the threaded barbed 90
 
Looks to me like you would put the threaded lock line on the top of the bulk head and in the bottom would go the street 90 and then the threaded barbed 90
The street 90 has no threads so that wouldn't work. I've got the return side all good it's just my overflow side that's messed up but I believe it's the fact that the thread part is on the wrong side of the bulkhead.
 
They sell bulkheads threaded internally on both ends. Your's is Threaded/Slip.

You can glue a street-elbow into the slip-side of that bulkhead.
 
They sell bulkheads threaded internally on both ends. Your's is Threaded/Slip.

You can glue a street-elbow into the slip-side of that bulkhead.
I would but then I wouldn't have anything to put on the internal part of the tank. The street elbows are supposed to go on the flange side and the threaded barb can go on the external part so it would save room behind the tank since they stick out less than the street elbows.
 
Are you going to replace the bulkhead?
I'm hoping they will let me exchange it for the right ones. If I get the ones with the slip on the flange side then I will have no need for the 90 degree fittings and can return those also.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new