Aug 10, 2015 #1 sharkreef Active Member View Badges Joined Apr 11, 2015 Messages 146 Reaction score 17 Rating - 0% 0 0 0 Hey guys thinking about making a DIY sump! all I really need to know is what the thickness should be on the acrylic.
Hey guys thinking about making a DIY sump! all I really need to know is what the thickness should be on the acrylic.
Aug 10, 2015 #2 brandon4432 Active Member View Badges Joined Aug 3, 2015 Messages 300 Reaction score 98 Rating - 0% 0 0 0 From experience I've found the thicker it is the more happy you'll be. Id say about 1/2 an inch
Aug 10, 2015 #3 twilliard Tank pests.. View Badges Excellence Award Reef Squad Emeritus Joined Jun 3, 2015 Messages 10,333 Reaction score 8,909 Location Central Washington What state or country do you live in Washington Rating - 0% 0 0 0 It will depend on the water pressure which includes height and width. In the bubble trap area the center plate will bow if too thin. I use 3/8" for my sump.
It will depend on the water pressure which includes height and width. In the bubble trap area the center plate will bow if too thin. I use 3/8" for my sump.