Need help with water parameters!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Trevyn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Always support your LFS and buy local when you can
Yeah really the only place I can go, and I mean petco has a very small sw section, but I also have a juvenile blue tang coming and 2 harlequins, would you suggest more cover for the tang?
 
but I also have a juvenile blue tang coming and 2 harlequins, would you suggest more cover for the tang?
I wouldn't say that outloud around here, he really has no business going on that tank.... I did the same thing in a 29g
 
I wouldn't say that outloud around here, he really has no business going on that tank.... I did the same thing in a 29g
Oh yeah I know the tang police I’ve heard of em lol, he’ll be fine for a little while, got a 150g he can end up going into
 
I would start with a leather or softie of some sort and maybe a few zoas.
 
This is my first tank few years back, 29 gallon. I never dosed any mag cal or alk in that tank. 20% water canges every Other week covered that tanks demands
20160618_143354.jpg
 
U know ur going to have to buy a chocolate chip starfish weekly to feed the harlequins
 
U know ur going to have to buy a chocolate chip starfish weekly to feed the harlequins
Yeah I do haha, they said for the most part they’ll eat 1 starfish each for 3-4 weeks
 
I don't suggest u add anything else to ur tank untill u get your No3 down, I think a couple 30% or 40% w/c should happen first
 
I don't suggest u add anything else to ur tank untill u get your No3 down, I think a couple 30% or 40% w/c should happen first
Yeah for sure, I think I’m going to do a 40 percent tomorrow as the tang and harlequins are coming Wednesday
 
Thanks man! I was very proud of that tank back then!
Yes thats xenia everywhere in that tank
So will the soft coral and like zoanthids and stuff try to kill each other like the frogs and hammers do?
 
I just want you to have the best chance for your tank to be successful. If u start with high nitrates before u even stock the tank, just doesnt seem fair lol
 
So will the soft coral and like zoanthids and stuff try to kill each other like the frogs and hammers do?
every coral has fight to survive in the ocean. The euphillyas will do damage to just about anything. Ideally u want to give a coral its own space, u can alike coral next to each other
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new