Need help

Genoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi I'm new to the salt water reefing club and hobby I need help with my new tank would like to know if there is a group that gets together here in Tucson and talks about reefing

savageajc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi I'm new to the salt water reefing club and hobby I need help with my new tank would like to know if there is a group that gets together here in Tucson and talks about reefing
Try searching FaceBook Tucson reef clubs or Tucson saltwater enthusiast

OP
OP
G

Genoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I appreciate all the feedback I need as much help as I can get

JustAnotherReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
speaking honestly

it's not as hard as you think it is, I came in as a total noob about 8 months ago. the hardest part is just getting started with rock sand and picking your flow and light to what you want.

what issues are you having currently?

OP
OP
G

Genoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 75 gallon tank with a scammer that hangs off hangs I had a 75 gallon tank with a skimmer that hangs off the back. Waited six weeks added fish they're all doing well for the first couple of months and then all the fish died I was checked in my water every week they told me all my waters were well within parameters. So I've decided to start all over I purchased 125 gallon tank with a sump filtration System hoping that will work better should start adding fish in another five weeks.

JustAnotherReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 75 gallon tank with a scammer that hangs off hangs I had a 75 gallon tank with a skimmer that hangs off the back. Waited six weeks added fish they're all doing well for the first couple of months and then all the fish died I was checked in my water every week they told me all my waters were well within parameters. So I've decided to start all over I purchased 125 gallon tank with a sump filtration System hoping that will work better should start adding fish in another five weeks.
+

sometimes stuff like that just happens . did they have any white spots on them at any point before they died?

also what kind of fish were they?

OP
OP
G

Genoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to clown fish a hippo tang a yellow tang a queen angel and a fire angel. They did get white spots and I think the hippo tang had black spots also. With this new tank I also started up a quarantine tank which I did not have before. I was adding one fish a week I don't know if that was too soon or not

JustAnotherReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the white spots would indicate that they probably had Ich.

the quarantine tank is a good thing to have also meds for ich as well just in case you need them.

Triquatics

Triquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are not local but just a call away! Feel free to reach out at anytime!

savageajc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely need a quarantine tank for tangs, especially hippos.
Did you add all the fish at once? It could have been too much bio load

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back