Need help

  • Thread starter Thread starter jesse88
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jesse88

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2021
Messages
100
Reaction score
59
Location
nashville
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was white about two weeks ago and now it’s brown

F85AAE8B-6121-4A2E-9E9E-C226B331DCEE.jpeg
 
Assuming that’s not algae growing on a dead coral, brown is the color most corals take as they recover from an insult. It’s a sign of health.
 
Upvote 0
Should I leave it alone or take it out and dip the coral
 
Upvote 0
Should I leave it alone or take it out and dip the coral
Is it covered by a layer of algae or are there polyps you can see? If there are polyps, just let it grow. If it is covered in algae and dead, it doesn't matter.
 
Upvote 0
To be honest I’m not sure what it’s covered in but I really don’t think it’s algae but I could be wrong
 
Upvote 0
My calcium was 380 and I wonder that what cause this
 
Upvote 0
My calcium was 380 and I wonder that what cause this
Being a sps .
monti are said to be more forgiving with fluctuations or swings but I believe different .

alkalinity or even calcium swings can cause them to turn pale .

have you tested nitrate or phosphates ?
Do you know what the alk levels of the other system was prior to moving ?
 
Upvote 0
Everything have been almost perfect but my calcium and my ammonia
 
Upvote 0
Ammonia wasn’t that bad off but I did a water change about five days ago and it’s good now
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new