need ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter reefboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2006
Messages
1,937
Reaction score
11
Location
Medford,Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres one I have been growing awhile from a tiny frag saved off a wild colony not sure on specie have a couple ideas but its a nice lime with blue tips
IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg
 
thanks it is growing well I have two small colony's now so plan to do a few frags here soon but that is why I was hoping for a positive species ID
 
Really quick, aculeus (357) or deswali (370); leaning more towards a deswali, but flow is such a large determinant. Nice piece Jody, sorry that I could not be of more help.
 
Really quick, aculeus (357) or deswali (370); leaning more towards a deswali, but flow is such a large determinant. Nice piece Jody, sorry that I could not be of more help.

glad we have the same taste in reading material lol I was thinking aculeus never thought about deswali but at least I have one hit one my first guess lol thanks bud.
 
glad we have the same taste in reading material lol I was thinking aculeus never thought about deswali but at least I have one hit one my first guess lol thanks bud.

No problem Jody. I usually get out volume 1 at least once a week. :tongue:
 
Wrong growth form for Acro desalwii....this is verified desalwii....
IMG_1568.jpg


Big frag / mini colony? You make the call....
IMG_1596.jpg


It tables heavily....
IMG_1595.jpg
 
Most likely you are correct, but I have seen deswali's form singular long branches in low flow tanks. Nice piece :)
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new