Need ideas for stocking my 90g reef tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jason mack
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2016
Messages
5,479
Reaction score
15,002
Location
Holland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow Reefers ,
I was hoping you could help me decide what fish and how Many i can put in my 90g .
At the moment i have 2 clown fish ,1 spotted mandarin . I would have liked too get a yellow watchman goby and a pistol shrimp , but after reading the shrimp isnt a very reef safe candidate , decided against it , unless there is a reef safe that Will join with the goby?
So if Anybody can give me any ideas other than a yellow tang , for some nice friendly with a bit of a wow factor ,it would be much appreciated .
Tank inhabitants so far
2 clown
1 spotted mandarin
1 cleaner shrimp
2 sexy shrimp
3 hermit crabs
2 conch snails
1 nassarus snail

Cheers , Mack !
 
Longnose Hawkfish
Fairy/Flasher Wrasses
Purple Firefish
Some kind of Blenny
Yellow with blue eyes Cardinals (3-5)
 
In my standard 90g I have:
2* Fancy Percula Clowns (paired)
1* Ornate Leopard Wrasse
1* Blue Star Leopard Wrasse
1* Yellow Corris Wrasse
1* Tomini Tang
1* Blue Hippo Tang (he was a gift and will only stay until he is around 6 inches)
2* Lyretail Anthias
1* Diamond Goby
CUC
 
For how many more you can add - what is your filtration setup like? What size of sump, fuge, skimmer, etc?
 
The only reason a pistol shrimp isn't reef safe is if you have frags on the sand bed that it can move and if your rock is unsteady. I have a reef tank and plan on getting at least one goby pistol pair. Maybe two.
 
I have a 30 litre sump with a a bubble magus c6 , no refugium
 
The only reason a pistol shrimp isn't reef safe is if you have frags on the sand bed that it can move and if your rock is unsteady. I have a reef tank and plan on getting at least one goby pistol pair. Maybe two.
I read that pistol shrimp will kill cuc and even small fish is that not true ?
 
They could but so can your clownfish... when I've had them they've never done any killing.
Ok nice .. cause I really wanted a watchman goby and tiger pistol shrimp .. so I'm gonna do it I think .. thanks !
 
I'll second Lowstorm, in that pistol shrimp are quite reef safe.

With sexy shrimp I would be wary of hawkfish and wrasses.

Some recommendations: purple tilefish, midas blenny, sunburst anthias, firefish, a group of zebra or scissortail dartfish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new