Need Ideas on 60 gal Cube Extra Space

Manny'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I have a 60 gal cube with a sump that takes up most of the space under the tank. I have three dosing 1.5 L containers in there as well. The dosing pump is on a shelf. I'm looking to add another cabinet next to the stand with a hole to connect an ATO, Apex and a chaeto reactor and hopefully a little more space for future use.

Does anyone have any pictures of any build similar to what I'm looking to do? I was thinking maybe the top could have hinges to open a space where I could set up the Apex. Any ideas with pictures would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

OP
OP
Manny'sReef

Manny'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Surfzone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60 cube where my sump takes like all the floor space under the tank I bought a really cheap book shelf from the wal-mart to house dry foods additives and basic aquarium tools as well as my 2 part DDR . all of this is in the left side of the tank on the other side I have all my apex and ecotech drivers mounted to a DIY board. Also on that side is a closet that I use to hide the 20 gallon ATO res.
Here is the neptune and ecotech board to the right is the closet
0430181614.jpg

This is the ATO res
0430181615.jpg

The cheap bookshelf
0430181613b.jpg
and the full tank
0430181616_HDR.jpg

I hope this helps a little with ideas.

TysTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my setup. Apex is in the ikea cabinet.
ATO resevoir next to it is just a nice collapsible storage box with a 5g standard tank. Hope this helps

78d16dd02e2f71698f59076f71e3d972.jpg

OP
OP
Manny'sReef

Manny'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60 cube where my sump takes like all the floor space under the tank I bought a really cheap book shelf from the wal-mart to house dry foods additives and basic aquarium tools as well as my 2 part DDR . all of this is in the left side of the tank on the other side I have all my apex and ecotech drivers mounted to a DIY board. Also on that side is a closet that I use to hide the 20 gallon ATO res.
Here is the neptune and ecotech board to the right is the closet
0430181614.jpg

This is the ATO res
0430181615.jpg

The cheap bookshelf
0430181613b.jpg
and the full tank
0430181616_HDR.jpg

I hope this helps a little with ideas.
Thank you so much. If you can take a pic from afar to see how it all sets up, that would be great.

TysTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the pic. Can you show the inside of the cabinet/box to see how you did it?

It’s not very pretty to be honest. If I had a slightly bigger cabinet, I’d build a false wall in the center and then mount everything and hide the cords behind. I think you mentioned it, but it would be great to have hinges on the top to go along with the front cabinet door.

OP
OP
Manny'sReef

Manny'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not very pretty to be honest. If I had a slightly bigger cabinet, I’d build a false wall in the center and then mount everything and hide the cords behind. I think you mentioned it, but it would be great to have hinges on the top to go along with the front cabinet door.
Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to do. I have to sit down and really think about the dimensions and how it all would work out. Thanks for your input.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 113 74.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back