OP
OP
B

bambootikigirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems a bit high price for what it sold for.

Well it's from DiversDen which supposedly they QT these fish differently than the regular LiveAquaria. So you're paying for them doing some of the work for you and get a money back guarantee if it dies.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chestnut blennies, especially males are highly desireable. In size and demeanor they are nearly identical to the ember blenny. Both can be fairly territorial toward other perching fish, so unless the tank is huge, no other blennies or hawkfish. He will also probably not tolerate tangs that get too close to his territory.

However, males in display are absolutely stunning. The lighter colored area on the body becomes yellow, but keeps the dark striations, for an exquisite contrast.

The price on DD is marketprice for them, and they are hit-and-miss when available.

OP
OP
B

bambootikigirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The segment and ember are both part of cirripctus genus of large combtooth blenny.

My bad, I wasn't reading the Latin names.

Chestnut blennies, especially males are highly desireable. In size and demeanor they are nearly identical to the ember blenny. Both can be fairly territorial toward other perching fish, so unless the tank is huge, no other blennies or hawkfish. He will also probably not tolerate tangs that get too close to his territory.

However, males in display are absolutely stunning. The lighter colored area on the body becomes yellow, but keeps the dark striations, for an exquisite contrast.

The price on DD is marketprice for them, and they are hit-and-miss when available.

These sound really beautiful, almost like a bumble bee in the ocean. Would this kind of blenny be okay with Tracys damsels, bonded pair of Wheeler gobies + pistol shrimp? Also besides color, are they good with eating algae like the Lawnmower blenny? I have a 40 gallon long so I'm not sure what you would consider huge.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bad, I wasn't reading the Latin names.

These sound really beautiful, almost like a bumble bee in the ocean. Would this kind of blenny be okay with Tracys damsels, bonded pair of Wheeler gobies + pistol shrimp? Also besides color, are they good with eating algae like the Lawnmower blenny? I have a 40 gallon long so I'm not sure what you would consider huge.
It will be fine with the gobies, since the gobies stay at the bottom and he will stay on the rocks.

He is a good algae eater.

OP
OP
B

bambootikigirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be fine with the gobies, since the gobies stay at the bottom and he will stay on the rocks.

He is a good algae eater.

I did forget to ask another question about these guys. Are they venomous like some of the other blennies I have seen for sale on LA and DD?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.9%
Back