need more flow Gyre or Jabeo

  • Thread starter Thread starter nstd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nstd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2013
Messages
158
Reaction score
14
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now on my 65g (36 x 18 x 24) SPS dominate

I'm running one Jabeo RW-4 and I need more flow. I'm debating over getting one Gyre 130 or two Jabeo RW-4.

Right now I feel like the pro of getting a Gyre is that it'll help deal with the detritus on the sand bed.
The pros of getting the Jabeo RW-4 is that it is less expensive and I can use one powerhead to give the tank some flow behind my rock work.

Which one would you go with?
 
Gyre, I bought two jabeos last year and one of them broke within 9 months[emoji20][emoji53][emoji36]
 
so i picked up a gyre 130. i'm running it at 100% on constant and its barely picking up the detritus...

should i keep at 100% or would that be too much flow. I'm running the rw-4 also at 100%
 
In addition to my previous question, is your gyre load? In pulse mode it reminds me of someone snoring.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new