Need opinions on my flow

  • Thread starter Thread starter DEL 707
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DEL 707

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2024
Messages
146
Reaction score
37
Location
UK, Kent
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added 2 Jecod 9's to my setup and I've been trying to get the flow right.

I added a torch coral and another duncan yesterday and I'm concerned

This is my tank with just the return pump set to 75%, which should be about 2600 lph.



Now with the Jecod MOW 9's on. Both are at 30% (lowest setting) on pulse mode. They're 9000 lph wavemakers, so I'm assuming they are down to about 2700 lph.
I've been trying to set up some sort of anti-sync for wave mode, but not having any luck.



The torch and the duncan seem to be taking a bit of a pounding.

This is the pump layout. I've got both MOW's slightly off centre from each other.

20260607_125637.jpg


What can I try with my setup?
Should I send the MOW's back and get smaller wavemakers?
Is my return pump o.k at 75%?
 
On flow 3 it looks a little low flow, I would probably turn it up.
On flow 4 it looks good except the torch flow pulls constantly to one side, I would try to get a back and forth sway.
So I would try to combine the flow randomness of flow 3 and the intensity of flow 4. IMO, good luck
 
Change of plans.

Removed both MOW 9's, even on their lowest setting they seem too powerful. I've put in the Nero 3 from my old tank.



How does the flow look now?
Is there too much on the duncan?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new