Need Opinions on the new setup!

  • Thread starter Thread starter REDXRUM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

REDXRUM

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2014
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys, I just introduced myself in the other forum, but I figured I would get some opinions while searching the site. I have been an avid reefer and fish keeper for years, I have been out of the hobby for a few years (see my other post) and I'm just getting back into it. I setup a 46 gallon bowfront soon to be reef. The tank itself has a "wife friendly" stand. AKA it looks awesome, but does not have room or a sump. With that being said I set the tank up with quad T5'S, a 2" sand bed, 55(ish) pounds of live rock, 2 Koralias for flow and a random pump behind the rock work to prevent detritus, a hang on back protein skimmer, and a hang on back refugium filled with a 4" sand bed, rubble, and chaeto. How does everyone feel about this setup? I am pretty confident about it but I wanted some more opinions. thanks :bigsmile:. Figured I would do some good reading while it's cycling :spit:
 
Everything sounds good so far. The only way to really tell how well it is going to work is let the system cycle and go from there. Once that is figured out, you will have a better idea of how well it is going to work or what is going to need to change.

As far as the skimmer goes, it depends on what type and how big it is. I know you said hang on back but there are a few that are work horses and others that don't do much of anything.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new