Need opinions on which pump setup to use?

Rob's Reef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2015
Messages
645
Reaction score
381
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank is 8ft long 30"width

Currently I have 2 vortech mp40's

I need to add more flow and these are the options I'm thinking about...

What do you guys think?
 

Attachments

  • 20150716_145011.jpg
    20150716_145011.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 226
I can't see the picture that well on phone :( but they look awesome I will be treating myself to a pair :)
 
Might want to check out the jebao rw-20, it has a slightly wider flow than the wp60, plus if you have two you can set one as a slave and sync them together and adjust the flow separately. I had two rw-8s on my 75g and they worked great.
 
The MP 40's will not be enough in your tank. I had two in my 6ft tank it was lacking. I went with a Gyre 150 that I got yesterday. It seems to definetly produce a lot more flow then the 40's and I don't even have it on 100%.
 
I can't speak for the gyres but I have a jabeo rw 20 and a 15 and I have to say so far I've been very happy with them. The master slave mode allows u to synce the rw pumps of all sizes but still allows u to adjust the flow independently on each individual one depending on placement.
 
Yeah I think I'm gonna give the gyre a shot...

Thanks for all the responses
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new