Need Opinions

  • Thread starter Thread starter richserpe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

richserpe

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Messages
160
Reaction score
141
Location
Clark
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all and happy Humpday

I have another mystery guest in my tank. I suspect Mussel but they usually prefer cold water instead of warm reef tank water. I keep my tank at a constant 78 degrees F. This guy is attached to my rock, black/green and has his shell open slightly and has a little tab on the rear. I’m not too worried about a filter feeder but I like to know who everybody is at the party. Any thoughts?

IMG_3972.jpeg IMG_3970.jpeg IMG_3971.jpeg
 
Oyster? Filter feeder is correct. I never worry about these and they have not become a problem in any reefs that I am aware of.

They (bivalves) can create problems in the natural environment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new