Need some advice...

Silverdot1211

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to start off I am not sure where else to post this. As the title states need peoples opinions. A couple months ago I reached out to a small company to inquire if they had any recon/damaged/ dented lights but still functional. I got a response back that this company had a couple I placed a special order and paid just shy of $200. One light received works fine. the second not so much....I plugged the second one in and with in 5-10 seconds the light made a snap/pop noise and went out. Turns out a surface mount capacitor had busted off internally and shorted out. I reached out to the seller to see what he recommended I do or if he had any ideas. His response was, I will figure out the refund. A couple weeks have past and no response yet. A refund or exchange is fine but I still need a light. Pervious to this I had bought about 500 worth of lights from this guy and they have been freaking awesome! Thus the reason I went back. Also he has been great when it came to emails and timely responses. I left one detail out in regards to time line. The day the lights were delivered (noon-3pm maybe?) I got home from work and started testing and inspecting them by 6 ish same day. I wrote him an email and sent it before 7pm. He responded with in 3 min! (Again, the dude has been awesome in this aspect) By like 9pm he fired off what appears to be the last email with "I will figure out the refund." This is where things are sticky.

Am I in the wrong for asking for help or some alternative since I specifically asked for a functional "scratch and dent" unit?
Do I push it or walk away and chalk it up to a lesson learned?

I am intentionally trying to keep certain things vague as I am one customer and I have no desire to hurt his business or attack him.
Just looking for general advice what others would do in this scenario.

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are being fair. Scratch and dent doesn't mean non-functional. There is probably a reasonable compromise between the seller and you to make it right. It sounds like this is a really small business, there may be a cash flow timing scenario before he refunds. You could simply ask him. It may be easier and faster to call him too if you have his number. I can usually get to a conclusion faster with someone when I talk to them as opposed to many emails.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 19 20.0%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 56 58.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.3%
Back