Need some help with Osmolator Nano 3152 Auto Top Off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Chris882003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, my auto top off is not working correctly. When the float is down it does not come on. I replaced the float switch and it's still not working. I have it connected to my Apex, when I turn off that outlet then turn it back on the pump comes on and fills up the tank. It works sometimes I am not sure what else to check.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happens if you unplug it at the controller and plug it back in? What is the size of this system? The most common issue is the safety timer, these are delivered preset for a system volume of 26 gallons or less, they time out if the pump runs 1 min 45 seconds and will never run again unless power cycled, the pump will twitch as an alarm. The 3152 cannot handle a system volume of more than 55 gallons reliably and for 26-55 you need to set the longer time limit as shown in the manual.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For this unit to work, the float has to raise before time out to reset the timer for the next run.

OP
OP
C

Chris882003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happens if you unplug it at the controller and plug it back in? What is the size of this system? The most common issue is the safety timer, these are delivered preset for a system volume of 26 gallons or less, they time out if the pump runs 1 min 45 seconds and will never run again unless power cycled, the pump will twitch as an alarm. The 3152 cannot handle a system volume of more than 55 gallons reliably and for 26-55 you need to set the longer time limit as shown in the manual.
Thanks for the reply. It’s a 20 gallon tank I did power it down. I think the problem might be with the float not being low enough to reset the timer. I will try that

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The time limit will let it add about 1 to 1.5 qts depending on head pressure, so if you need to make up a lot to get the level where you want it, the best is to manually fill it to pretty close and then power cycle it and it should keep up from there. It can only make up normal evaporation as it happens, it can;t make up water removed or a level that has evaporated way down from an empty reservoir for example.

OP
OP
C

Chris882003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The time limit will let it add about 1 to 1.5 qts depending on head pressure, so if you need to make up a lot to get the level where you want it, the best is to manually fill it to pretty close and then power cycle it and it should keep up from there. It can only make up normal evaporation as it happens, it can;t make up water removed or a level that has evaporated way down from an empty reservoir for example.
I tried to reset the timer and moved the float down. That still did not help I will try this again but move the float down more.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rather than moving the float down, it would likely be better to just manually add water. If the pump runs 1 min 45 seconds and then starts pulsing every 10 seconds, it is working normally, I would set the float where you want the water level and then manually add water to where it is just touching the float and cycle it and you should be all set.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back