Need some suggestions: carbon canister for skimmer airline

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping some of you might have some suggestions on what I can use to create a carbon canister to put inline of my skimmers outside airline. I'm looking for something similar to this BRS mini reactor that I can add a cup or two of activated carbon to, so if anything funky gets sucked into the airline the carbon will hopefully help to remove it. That reactor body is the closest thing I've found to what I'm looking for but its been out of stock for a while. As it is I would have to mod the top of that reactor to include a piece of tubing to go down 75-80% to the bottom, drawing the air through the media, so bonus points if the inlet/outlet are on opposing sides or on two different sides. Any ideas/suggestions?

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
kyleinpdx

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try this: 5" housing with 1/2" ports. Add a standard carbon filter. If you want to add additional carbon, fill the center of the filter with carbon granules.

https://www.filtersfast.com/Pentek-158203-Filter-Housing.asp

https://ifilters.com/products/cocon...cron-2-5-x-5?variant=41505069891&currency=USD

Thats funny, I came across the same thing not too long ago, they even have a nice clear housing in the same size but its 3/8" instead of 1/2" :( however if I cant find something better in the next day or two thats probably what I'm going to go with. Thanks for the assist.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping some of you might have some suggestions on what I can use to create a carbon canister to put inline of my skimmers outside airline. I'm looking for something similar to this BRS mini reactor that I can add a cup or two of activated carbon to, so if anything funky gets sucked into the airline the carbon will hopefully help to remove it. That reactor body is the closest thing I've found to what I'm looking for but its been out of stock for a while. As it is I would have to mod the top of that reactor to include a piece of tubing to go down 75-80% to the bottom, drawing the air through the media, so bonus points if the inlet/outlet are on opposing sides or on two different sides. Any ideas/suggestions?
Are these to small

Screenshot_2020-06-13-21-54-30.png

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 46 26.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back