Need suggestions for my Condy Anenome

cipherqueen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I have a question. So I got this Condy Anenome from Petco and they did not tell me it was a Condy due to not having a label on it and later I found out it can eat fish. Now I called Petco and there is no saltwater fish return policy. I’m not sure what to do. So far none of my clownfish are going near it but I don’t want to risk it. Any suggestions?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had several condy anemones (only one medium-sized one currently). It currently hosts two clownfish (apparently rare, but it can happen - and they're just fine).

They are very "sticky" and will eat really stupid fish (ie: small tangs). I currently have 49 fish in my tank and to the best of my knowledge it's only eaten the one small (stupid) tang.

TinyReefObsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently acquired an established tank with a beautiful, big, condy, who’s hosting 2 clowns. It hasn’t eaten any crabs (hermit or other) or the two clowns in the tank, and is even nice to the mushroom corals when it checks them for pellets during feeding time. I guess they have different personalities/ temperaments like we do. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back