Need to extend ATO sensor wire

djf91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I need to extend the sensor wire on my JBJ ATO. It’s the red and black wire running from the float sensor to the computer box. It’s not quite long enough to reach across my fish room. Would I be able add in a length of 4 foot wire into this using endcaps? Can anyone tell me exactly what type of wire is used for this?

6DE961B8-B785-42F3-B699-44532DD80146.jpeg

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I need to extend the sensor wire on my JBJ ATO. It’s the red and black wire running from the float sensor to the computer box. It’s not quite long enough to reach across my fish room. Would I be able add in a length of 4 foot wire into this using endcaps? Can anyone tell me exactly what type of wire is used for this?

6DE961B8-B785-42F3-B699-44532DD80146.jpeg
Looks to be anywhere from 16-20gauge wire (confirm first)
And then you can lop it off anywhere after the connector, maybe 12" up to give you enough wire to work with.
You can use what you want to splice them.
Some ppl like buttsplices, some like quick connect splices.

Myself i would use these for a waterproof seal.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check Spectrapure

It appears you need a cable like they offer.

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That connector is a Tamiya battery connector for RC cars. If you want to just make an extension so you dont have to cut and splice that would be the easiest. Just go to a Hobby store and they should be able to get you the connectors. If it only is used for a switch power on a relay from the float switch you could get away with like 28awg wire but to keep things constant a 16awg(what it looks like) would make it all look the same.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like a Molex Plug. Newark Electronics has them. Go on their site. For Search type in “Molex Plug.” Click on the Plug, at the bottom of the next page will be “See all Technical Docs.” Click on that, and look through the documents to get to the page with the dimensions on it. “PDF.” If you are undecided about two different sizes, order both. It’s Cheaper that way.

Back