• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Need to get rid of coral!

Neuratox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent all of New Year’s day pulling rock out of my oldest display tank and fragging off large pieces of coral using my new Gryphon Aquasaw. Because of the fact that I’m downsizing (90 to 65 display tank) I honestly don’t have space for most of this. I don’t know anyone else who has a reef tank and thus don’t know what to do with most of it. My goal is to get rid of it ASAP because I’m selling the old tank to a friend who wants to get into the hobby. I’ve already called my LFS and they said they don’t really do trades or give store credit unless they really like the pieces. Without a firm commitment I’m not willing to make the drive and I’d rather do this with people rather than the store anyway. I sincerely would prefer to trade for these pieces (I’m mainly looking for new acros, euphyllia, or zoas), although I’d be willing to give the occasional piece away.

My goal is to get rid of them within two weeks, the larger pieces listed at the bottom are still in the old tank due to size and need to be gone by this coming weekend (1/10/2021) so that the tank can be taken down.

Because I’m going to be overly generous with size and number of pieces in trades I’m not looking to leave the Winston-Salem area. It is my hope that a number of people will be coming to do trades/pick up pieces on the weekend and thus I’ll probably do it at a nearby community center so that I don’t have to worry about the temperature of the frags (can run home between meetings).

All trades will be done in a socially distant way with masks. No mask, no trade.

Pictures of all corals are attached. Post on here or PM me if you want to make a trade. Its first come first serve and I'm hoping there are enough reefers in the W/S area to do this.

I'm also trying to find a new home for my feather duster. He has vermetid snails on his casing, but more importantly I think the wrasse I'm going to get will harass him.

The following coral has been fragged and is almost certain to be free of any pests - after fragging and treating, I felt comfortable enough to store these in my new display tank:

(10) Blue pinstripe mushrooms (LFS)
(2) Orange and purple-blue rhodactis mushroom (LFS)
(2) Ghost Pavona; encrusting (LFS) – I’ve given this one a name. I’ve not seen anything like it before. Pale green and purple
(5) Blue Pavona; encrusting (VERY fast growing) (Tidal Gardens)
(2) Chunks (3) Frags Green Pavona; encrusting with projections (Tidal Gardens)
(4) Freak Hair Pavona; encrusting (Tidal Gardens)
(3) Meteor Shower (Tidal Gardens)
(2) John Deere Psammacora (Tidal Gardens)
(3) Purple Rim Montipora Undata (Tidal Gardens) – color loss due to nutrient spike
(1) Blood Orange Leptoseris (Tidal Gardens)
(2) Duncan (LFS) - 1 headed and 2 headed
(3) Hollywood Stunner (LFS)
(2) Forest Fire Digi (Local Trade)
A few assorted Acros – most of acros that I’ve ordered were sent without names or in a group box, thus I cannot be 100% certain of the names. I’ve made purchases from Battle Corals, Tidal Gardens, and AquaSD if that helps inform you of their typical quality. The ones that I have are, in my opinion, not worth trading for and thus I’ll toss you one if that’s all you want, or will throw it in with a trade.

The following almost certainly will have vermetid snails. There were aiptasia in the tank, but I have been unable to find any on these rock structures though I wouldn't be surprised if there is some:

1 Rock (approximately 4” x 6”) with entire top covered in green star polyp
1 golf ball sized rock covered in yellow parazoanthus
1 softball sized rock covered in yellow parazoanthus
1 tiny rock covered in yellow parazoanthus
1 large rock with approximately 6” x 2” covered in palythoas (not sure of the name)
1 large golf ball (? Haha) with Purple monster zoas and what looks to be a few pandoras

Cheers all!

Blood Orange Lepto.jpg Blue Pavona.jpg Blue Stripe Discosoma.jpg Duncan.jpg Forest Fire Digi.jpg Freak Hair Pavona.jpg Ghost Pavona.jpg Green Pavona.jpg Green star.jpg Hollywood Stunner.jpg John Deere Psamma.jpg Meteor Shower Cyph.jpg Overview 1.jpg Paly.jpg Rhodactis.jpg Yellow Para.jpg

Last edited:

LegalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like my posts haven't been working from my phone for some reason. Sorry for the delay. Yes, I still have several corals left. Are you looking for LPS or SPS? I have some mushrooms too.
Do you still have any mushrooms? I’m new to the hobby, in Greensboro NC, and am trying to find simple, hardy mushrooms

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.4%
Back