Need to know what this is

WhySoSeriousDory

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2021
Messages
236
Reaction score
181
Location
amsterdam
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4790.jpeg

Moving all coral to new tank and this hammer has had something growing on it.

What is it?

What to do before moving -

Thanks in advance
 
I have an exacto, should I cut it off or dremel the bottom part of skeleton
I wouldn’t use a dremel. You just need to pop it off where it attaches to the euphyllia. If you wedge a tool in the right spot, it will pop the entire shell off as one.
 
I have an exacto, should I cut it off or dremel the bottom part of skeleton
I smash the tubes until I see snail guts, and then scrape the flesh out to remove any life. They don't like having a broken shell. If you prefer a straight cut on your frags a dremel or exacto might work fine.
 
And the dremel wouldn’t be for the snail it’d be for the skeleton. I don’t car how short the base is
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new