Need urgent help with algae

GraveKone

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2021
Messages
81
Reaction score
101
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see I let my tank go for a few weeks at the worst possible time, I had some hair algae introduced to the tank through the addition of a frag with it, as well as a algae that I can’t recognize which is fuzzy. Any suggestions on how to get the algae under control will be greatly appreciated. I have already lost 2 frags to it and don’t want to lose the ones I just bought from Aquashella to it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1933.MOV
    13.7 MB
Vibrant. Toothbrush and water changes. Maybe have to adjust lighting and get nutrients under control if those are fueling it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new