Nem splitting?

bubba60tackle

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2020
Messages
42
Reaction score
10
Location
Palm Bay
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Relatively new to reefing still. I acquired a few rocks with some various mushroom and a nem a couple months ago. I noticed this growth under the nem. Originally I thought it was another mushroom but am now thinking it looks like a small nem?

851F1E6D-D310-40B4-BBCA-CB8C2E3636B5.jpeg
 
That’s a mushroom
 
Relatively new to reefing still. I acquired a few rocks with some various mushroom and a nem a couple months ago. I noticed this growth under the nem. Originally I thought it was another mushroom but am now thinking it looks like a small nem?

851F1E6D-D310-40B4-BBCA-CB8C2E3636B5.jpeg
No, that’s a shroom. Could be Rhodactis.
 
Definitely a shroom. When the nem splits you will have no question. It splits itself in half, so it will be a clone of itself varying in size.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new