Nematodes/sea slugs...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Congaken
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2015
Messages
1,251
Reaction score
409
Location
Livingston Manor, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a reef friendly, algae eating sea slug for my 10 gal. reef...they say that the lettuce slug will eat "green algae"...does that mean macro, micro or what...any other suggestions for my 10 gal. nano for algae control...:confused:
 
I believe lettuce slugs need bryopsis to live. Check out a google search for liveaquaria nudibranch some good ideas there.
I like stomatellas and limpets.
 
Sea urchins and chitons as well as abalonies will eat most green algae and keep it in check. Trouble with sea hare is that once the food source is gone it can be difficult to supplement their diet and they usually starve to death.
 
I havent been able to find a good abalone yet.:(
 
Yup I have some chitons and an urchin. his name was "pig pen" in the small tank(moved as not enough to eat in there ) now I call him "frag rack" as well, you probably know why.:)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new