Nemo Tank? yay or nay?!?

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to see it larger, around 20 gallons. 9 gallons seems too small to me for a pair. Zoas would certainly do great in it. Plenty of light for them.

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They would be OK as long as the tank was stable (well cycled) I've seen percs do fine in smaller tanks. Keep up with water changes and you should have no problems.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I liked the tank design a lot but I think I'll forgo the idea.... I'll wait until I can get another 28g or until I set up my bigger tank to buy my "special" Nemo's... :)

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres the thing...in a nine gallon, every time you put your hand it, its going to get mauled...they are going to be way too territorial...

trust me...ive got one in a 6 gallon nano, and he has drawn blood more than once:hammer:

although, in a 20, still likely to be the case...

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really junior? i have a maroon and gold clown which everyone says is the most aggressive in my 15 and he's scared of me..

robharold

Farmer wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not place a pair in anything less than a 20G. A single clown maybe but a pair is an awful lot of waste for that size tank.

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if i had a giant shark tatoo on me, my clowns would be scared too (look at his avatar):hammer:

Yeah, mine goes crazy on me...homicidal kinda crazy...So now i wear a full arm glove, and he bit that as i was pulling my arm out and i accidently flung him across the kitchen...totaly serious...

and yes, hes still alive and well

really junior? i have a maroon and gold clown which everyone says is the most aggressive in my 15 and he's scared of me..

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 38 33.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back