Nemo Tank? yay or nay?!?

I'd like to see it larger, around 20 gallons. 9 gallons seems too small to me for a pair. Zoas would certainly do great in it. Plenty of light for them.
 
They would be OK as long as the tank was stable (well cycled) I've seen percs do fine in smaller tanks. Keep up with water changes and you should have no problems.
 
I liked the tank design a lot but I think I'll forgo the idea.... I'll wait until I can get another 28g or until I set up my bigger tank to buy my "special" Nemo's... :)
 
heres the thing...in a nine gallon, every time you put your hand it, its going to get mauled...they are going to be way too territorial...

trust me...ive got one in a 6 gallon nano, and he has drawn blood more than once:hammer:

although, in a 20, still likely to be the case...
 
really junior? i have a maroon and gold clown which everyone says is the most aggressive in my 15 and he's scared of me..
 
I would not place a pair in anything less than a 20G. A single clown maybe but a pair is an awful lot of waste for that size tank.
 
Well if i had a giant shark tatoo on me, my clowns would be scared too (look at his avatar):hammer:

Yeah, mine goes crazy on me...homicidal kinda crazy...So now i wear a full arm glove, and he bit that as i was pulling my arm out and i accidently flung him across the kitchen...totaly serious...

and yes, hes still alive and well


really junior? i have a maroon and gold clown which everyone says is the most aggressive in my 15 and he's scared of me..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new