Nems don't extend

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jekyl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2019
Messages
12,734
Reaction score
16,780
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is as large as my nems usually get. There are 2 in the pic. Both bubble up and deflate every day. Both eat when I do feed them. Have them under kessil 360we lighting at 80% peak for 5 hours with a ramp up and down. Alk stays between 8 and 9. Calcium and mag are both high as I use coral pro. Nitrates are around 15 to 20.

20210312_134730.jpg
 
Do they deflate when the lights ramp up/ramp down? I had a pink BTA that would deflate during those periods for about 30 mins. It split and the other half did the exact same thing. Thought it was my tank/ lights and got rid of the nems. 2 weeks later, I picked up a RBTA and it hasn’t deflated once.. sometimes it’s just the anemone.
 
Do they deflate when the lights ramp up/ramp down? I had a pink BTA that would deflate during those periods for about 30 mins. It split and the other half did the exact same thing. Thought it was my tank/ lights and got rid of the nems. 2 weeks later, I picked up a RBTA and it hasn’t deflated once.. sometimes it’s just the anemone.
This one was a split also. They deflate during the ramp down every night
 
This one was a split also. They deflate during the ramp down every night
I never figured out how to fix the deflation during my ramp down period too.. might just be those anemones...
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new