NeoMag in your calcium reactor?

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put 2 inches of NeoMag in my ProCal calcium reactor. I don't really see anything dissolving in it and it doesn't seem to maintain the Magnesium level I need to grow my chalices. I set it up about 3 months ago. Ca and Alk are all fine. Now I need to go back and dose MG again since I noticed some of my chalices are receeding because the MG level dropped to around 1250 ppm.

Anyone else use NeoMag in thier calcium reactors? How well does it work for you?

Carlos

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'v been using neo mag for about a month in my reactor. havn't even check my mag levels since either. neo mag is not supposed to dissolve. also , i have been told by the person who recommended it to me that you may still need to dose mag as it dosn't always keep mag levels up. what size tank and what calcium reactor are you using?

OP
OP
Macropora

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using an MTC Pro Cal on my 170 gallon system (120 gallon Tech tank and custom shallow frag tank 45" L x 24" W x 8" H. It stayed around 1400 when I first set it up, I got lazy and now it dropped. Back to dosing Mag. What a disappointment this product is...

knyreefguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know a few people that use this product and they say the same... help keep from dropping out to quickly maintains for awhile but then you need to dose.. i use tropic marins bio mag and it works great!....

OP
OP
Macropora

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Works ok for me. It doesn't keep it solid, but it keeps it from dropping as quickly. That is mostly due to my reactor size being a bit small to include the neomag.

Thanks for the feedback Ronnie.

i know a few people that use this product and they say the same... help keep from dropping out to quickly maintains for awhile but then you need to dose.. i use tropic marins bio mag and it works great!....

Thanks for the feedback Knyreefguy. It worked out great for about 3 months and then a suddenly drop. Back to dosing the BRS Magnesium solution.

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use this stuff and haven't had adrop since day one but I did a ratio of 1:7 instead of the recommended 1:9

chenwon54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
different idea

i saw a guy that had two ca reactors.. running mag in one and regular in other. he said it worked perfect.. if you have room for two reactors might be helpful to some.

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put mine in an effluent reactor works great and enough room for what I need But I like that idea as well

OP
OP
Macropora

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use this stuff and haven't had adrop since day one but I did a ratio of 1:7 instead of the recommended 1:9

Understood!

i saw a guy that had two ca reactors.. running mag in one and regular in other. he said it worked perfect.. if you have room for two reactors might be helpful to some.

Great idea!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back