Neon Goby has Ick or Lymphocystis?

Frosty1344

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I have two neon gobies in my 75 gallon DT. It’s hard to tell if they have ick or lymphocystis. All my other fish are doing well and show no signs of ick. There hasn’t been a day where there are no white spots on the neon gobies, which is why I’m hesitant to diagnose it as ick. The white spots are on the pectoral and dorsal fins of the fish, which is why I question whether it could be lymphocystis. I’ve been treating the DT with Ruby Reef kick-ick pro just to be safe. I am already on day 25 of treatment. My parameters are good. The neon gobies are very active and are always eating. My tank is a mixed Reef with inverts and my other fish consist of 2 fire fish, 1 diamond goby, a one spot fox face, 1 blue green chromus, 1 red scooter dragonet and a bengai Cardinal. I have another batch of fish ready to be transferred to the DT, but I’m waiting till I know for sure that the gobies need to be treated for ick or have lymphocystis. Sorry I don’t have any pics right now, but I can upload some later on today. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like lymph.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back